I was scrolling through twitter, and I noticed that Maureen Keavy created a book tag based on the Broadway musical Hamilton. I love Hamilton so much. Like way too much. In fact, I am listening to it while I complete this. Please go listen to it right now. Anyway, I’m going to be doing the book tag because why not?
Let’s get started!
1. The Room Where It Happens: Book world you would put yourself in
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Let’s be honest here… Who wouldn’t pick Harry Potter? I would love to be able to study at Hogwarts and know exactly what house I’m in. Except I wouldn’t like the whole Voldemort thing.
2. The Schuyler Sisters: Underrated Female Character
Ruby from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I love Ruby so much because she’s very independent and stoic. She rarely complains, and I admire that in a character.
3. My Shot: A character that goes after what they want and doesn’t let anything stop them
Tris from the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth. I am convinced that 90% of the issues in the three books would be solved if they controlled Tris.
4. Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ HARRY POTTER, SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE QUESTION FIVE!!!
If I were able to bring back any dead characters, I would want Fred Weasley. His death hit me so hard oh my goodness.
5. Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship you’ve ever read
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK THIEF, SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE QUESTION SIX!!!
I would pick Rudy and Liesel from The Book Thief. Technically, they were never together. It crushed me about what they could have had. I stayed up all night two years ago finishing The Book Thief and sobbing.
6. You’ll Be Back: Sassiest villain
Sebastian from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. He isn’t really sassy, but he is my second favorite villain of all YA literature. The first being Voldemort.
7. The Reynolds Pamphlet – A book with a twist that you didn’t see coming
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ WE WERE LIARS SCROLL UNTIL YOU SEE QUESTION 8!!!
The plot twist towards the end of We Were Liars totally threw me off. I really didn’t expect it.
8. Non-stop: A series you marathoned
Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.
9. Satisfied: Favorite book with multiple POVs
The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu
10. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A book/series you feel like will be remembered throughout history
(Besides Harry Potter)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I believe that it will be remembered because the book was one of the first contemporary YA books to become mainstream.
1. Helpless: A relationship you were pulling for from the very start
Emma and Jacob from Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
2. Ten Duel Commandments: Favorite fight scene
Battle at Hogwarts from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
3. Say No To This: Guilty pleasure read
The Amazing Book is Not On Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
4. What Comes Next: A series you wish had more books
Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling
5. Right Hand Man – Favorite BROTP
Will and Jem from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
6. What’d I Miss: A book or series you were late to reading
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Thanks for Reading! If you want to do this tag, I officially tag you! If you haven’t heard of Hamilton, go listen to it right this moment. It will consume your life. Just sayin’
See you in my next post!