Hey everyone! Today, I wanted to something a little special on my blog. I asked Alexis from Madforbooksluv if she would like to be interviewed on my blog. She agreed, so I thought It’d be a great chance to let you guys get to know one of my best blogger friends. These questions are a little bit of everything; some random, some book related, and some blogging related. Without further adieu, here’s Alexis from madforbooksluv!
- Hi Alexis! To get us started, why don’t you Introduce yourself and your blog.
- How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start a book blog?
I’ve been blogging for about 10 months (June/July 2015) 2015 was the year I actually started getting into all of YA and the community. Then I had this wild idea to actually make a book blog. So I did and that’s how mad for books luv was created.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Be yourself. Review honestly. And have fun!
- Do you have any pets? If not, do you want pets?
I had a hedgehog (Betsy) but she passed away last year in October (29th). I don’t have any pets I can call “mine” but I am hoping I can get a small animal soon
- What’s your go-to Starbucks order?
I don’t actually go to Starbucks a lot but I always get a mocha frappé
- Do you color-coordinate your socks or mix match them
I try to match them at all times. But sometimes I just wear whatever.
- Do you listen to music while you read? If so, what artists?
Sometimes I put my playlist on shuffle, and normally zone the sound out while I read. But the artists are Misterwives, Twenty One Pilots, Halsey, and a few others.
- What’s a popular book series you have yet to read?
Hmm, I read TMI: City Of Bones but have yet to read the rest of the series and yet to read TID (The Infernal Devices)
- What is your biggest book pet peeve?
Bending pages! And annotations! Use sticky notes, don’t destroy the book by writing in it!!!!!!
- What is the story of how you got into reading? Or have you been a reader your whole life?
HA! A few years ago I wouldn’t even touch a book. In 2013 I wanted to say I actually finished a book that WASNT in the children’s section) so I read two books on my phone, unenchanted by Chanda Hahn and Clouded Rainbow by Jonathan Sturak. Those started my reading love. Oddly for about a year, I re-read all of Chanda hahn’s books. Repeatedly. For a year. And I still re read them sometimes. And they’ll never grow old ❤
Thanks to Alexis for agreeing to be interviewed! I hope you guys enjoyed this interview. You can reach Alexis on Twitter and on her blogs (look above).