Hey guys! A little over a year ago, I created my blog. When creating it, I had no idea how much it would change me for the better. In today’s post, I thought I would talk about this past year in my blogging life.
Every single one of my followers have been a huge influence on me and my blog; I really can’t thank everyone enough. However, I wanted to specifically mention a few individual bloggers and booktubers.
Lizzie: You were one of my first bookish friends, and I’m so thankful for you! I love seeing you at events and occasionally snapchatting you about random topics.
Sarah: THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. You’re one of my best friends both online and offline. It pains me that we live so far away from each other because I want to hang out with you more in real life. I love talking about life and books with you, and I can’t wait to see you soon.
Breanna: Our friendship is fairly new, but never-the-less I’m still grateful for you. We have similar taste in music and Youtubers, and I always love snapchatting you! Thanks for always DMing me and just talking in general.
Bayram: Holy crap, dude! Thank you so much for everything. I’m so thankful for our Hamilton and Waitress chats. I’m always rooting for you–especially when it comes to making decisions for college. Also, our 78 day snapchat streak is pretty snazzy.
Whitney: Thank you. I’ve laughed from your Snapchats, and I’m always overjoyed to see you at book events. I’ve learned so much about diversity from you, and I’m so honored to call you my friend.
Since starting Curlyhairbibliophile, I’ve grown quite a bit. I know it might be a bit taboo to talk about stats, but I’m very proud of how far I’ve grown:
- 220 WordPress Followers
- 10 Followers Via Email
- 19 Followers Via Bloglovin’
- 4,303 Total Page Views
- 695 Twitter Followers
- 171 Goodreads Friends
What else have I done this year?
- I went to my second book signing! It was Marissa Meyer in Irving, TX for Stars Above.
- I went to my first ever book festival! I met up with several blogger and booktuber friends, and I met quite a few authors.
- I met Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
- I turned fifteen and finished my first year of high school.
- I met Dan and Phil and many of my internet friends for the first time.
- I saw Twenty One Pilots in concert.
- I went on a family vacation to Washington D.C.
- I visited my grandparents in Illinois.
- I started my sophomore year of high school.
- I saw Hamilton and Waitress in New York City.
Goals for 2017
Since my blogiversary is around the start of the new year, I figured I could also talk about my goals for this upcoming year.
In terms of books and blogging, my goals for this year are…
- Reach 300 followers on WordPress.
- Reach 1,000 Twitter Followers.
- Read 75 books.
- Read more diverse books.
- Support and meet more marginalized authors.
- Attend more book events.
- Apply for more ARCs for review.
In terms of my personal life, my goals for this year are…
- Travel more.
- Listen and attend more musicals.
- Qualify for regionals for competitive speech.
- Be more frugal with my money.
In honor of my one year blogiversary, I’m hosting a giveaway on Twitter! Retweet and follow me on Twitter to have a chance to win a 2017 release of your choice. Click the link to go to my Twitter to enter.
Thank You, to you.
Hey, yes you. I’m talking to you know. Whether we’ve never directly talked before, we’re mutuals on Twitter, or you’re one of my best friends, I’m so thankful for you. Thank you for reading and supporting my blog. I’ve learned so much from blogging and being in the book community. Not only have I learned more about reading and reviewing books, I feel like I know the world around me better. I’m more aware of problems in our world and in literature. I’m grateful to all of the friends and mentors I have found along the way through the book community. Overall, thank you for supporting my blog. Here’s to many years to come.