Hello everyone! January is finally over! It seemed like it lasted forever, and I’m excited for February to begin. I’m going to hit the ground running and be better at posting on time for my blogs, read more in my free time, and actually memorize my music for my school’s musical! I only read one book this month (I know… boooo). Let’s get into what happened last month and my plans this month!
Books I Read in The Month of January
- Nice Try, Jane Sinner by Lianne Oelke ★★★★/5
What Did I Do In The Month of January ?
- I started my new semester! Goodbye AP Lang and Chemistry and hello Pre-calc! Pre-calc is a little confusing, but I’m so happy to be done with Chemistry. I’m also in mass media (basically, I get to do the morning news) which has been really fun.
- The Phhhhaaannnnnttoooommmmmmm of the Opera is heeerrrreeeeee! Rehearsals for my school’s production of Phantom have started getting pretty intense, and I’m trying to keep up with memorizing.
- I was accepted into The School of The New York Times for Creative Writing/Theater/Photography! I get to live in NYC for 12 days this summer, and I’m so excited for it! I started a GoFundMe to afford the program if you feel so inclined to send a dollar my way 🙂 click the link here!
- I saw Something Rotten! I actually saw it twice within 26 hours aha. I saw it with my mom, fell in love with it, then took my dad to go see it. If it’s going to be in a city near you, GO SEE IT.
- I also wrote some articles for a blog called YesBroadway! If you’d like to check them out, here are some links: https://www.yesbroadway.com/archivefeed/groundhogday54below?rq=olivia%20lusk & https://www.yesbroadway.com/content/barrington2018?rq=olivia%20lusk
What’s In-Store for February?
- February is actually going to be a pretty big month for me. The weekend of February 16th my best friend from Texas is flying in to visit me! We’re going to go to NYC that weekend and see Spongebob.
- A few days after my best friend flies back to Texas, my other best friend is leaving to go foreign exchange for a year. She was one of my first friends here, so I’m quite nervous to have her gone.
What (Might) I Be Reading In February?
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
I hope you all had a wonderful January! How is February going so far? Did you read any new favorites? Let me know down in the comments!