Hey guys! I can’t believe we are already four months into 2017. It feels like 2016 just ended. Anyway, April was quite an eventful month! I read quite a bit but not as much as i would have liked to though. Although, I had so many different things take place in April so I forgive myself. I read seven books this month. Let’s get into the wrap-up!
Books I Read in The Month of April
- You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner★★★★/5 [Link]
- Love, and You by Gretchen Gomez ★★★★★/5
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon ★★★★★/5
- Lord of The Flies by William Golding ★/5
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo ★★★★/5
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy ★★★★★/5
What Did I Do In The Month of April?
- I saw Kinky Boots in Dallas on April 2nd! It was SO good!
- I took the ACT! I thought I did fairly okay considering this was my first time taking it.
- I saw The 1975 in concert with my brother! It was such an amazing show, and I’m so glad I got to see them live.
- I’m participated in #AVAreadathon! I didn’t read all the books I wanted to but that’s okay. 🙂
- I met Becky Albertalli at a book signing! She recognized me before the actual event so that was pretty cool.
- I found out that I’m moving! This summer I’m moving to Pennsylvania because of my dad’s job.
What’s In-Store for May?
- School is over! I get out of school on May 25th.
- My birthday is in May! I’m turning sixteen.
- I’m less than 30 followers away from 1,000 on my Twitter! Can you help me reach it?
What (Might) I Be Reading in May?
- The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
- Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman
How was April for you? How many books did you read?
Another month of 2017 has come and gone! Man, I feel like this year is kind of flying by. At the same time, it feels like it’s never ending. Either way, I read five books this month. I had a very busy month, and I’m excited to see what April has in store for me. Let’s get into the wrap-up!
Books I Read in The Month of March
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas ★★★★★/5 [Review]
- Hear The Wolves by Victoria Scott ★★★/5 [Review]
- The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig ★★★★/5
- Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook ★★★★/5
- Simon vs. The Homo Sapien Agenda by Becky Albertalli ★★★★★/5
What Did I Do In The Month of March?
- I bought a lot of books (yikes).
- I attended the North Texas Teen Book Festival. (It was so much fun).
- I had Spring Break! It was nice to have a week off from school. I went to Pennsylvania for a few days.
- I finished Driver’s Training! I sadly can’t get my permit due to some rules Oklahoma has about transfer students, but I’m working towards it.
- I had Regionals for Speech! I didn’t break through to State, but I’m really happy with how I did.
What’s In-Store for April?
- I’m seeing Kinky Boots on April 2nd with my best friends.
- I’m meeting Becky Albertalli at a book signing.
- I’m participating in #AVAreadathon!
- I’m seeing The 1975 in concert with my brother.
What (Might) I Be Reading in April?
What did you do in the month of March? How many books did you read?
Hello everyone! February was actually an okay reading month for me! I read more than I did in January which is really good progress for me. I read a total of four books. Let’s dive into the wrap-up!
Books I Read in The Month of February
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera ★★★★★/5
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig ★★★★/5
- Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz ★★★★/5
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli ★★★★★/5
What Did I Do In The Month of February?
- I had a speech tournament! The tournament was the last one of the year except for Regionals.
- I visited my brother at college. We also went to the local mall, and I got a bunch of new clothes.
- I finished Driver’s Ed! I’m currently in the ‘Driver’s Training’ portion of it where I have to physically get in the car and drive. I hate it; I can’t wait for it to be over.
- I went thrift shopping with my best friend! I love thrift stores so much, and I’m really happy with everything I got.
What is in-store for March?
- I’m attending the North Texas Teen Book Festival on March 4th!
- It’s finally time for Spring Break! I’m going to Pennsylvania for a few days.
- Regionals for speech are coming up! I don’t think I will make it to state, but I’m excited to experience it all.
What Books (might) I be Reading in The Month of March?
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Hear The Wolves by Victoria Scott
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
What did you read in the month of February? Did you do anything fun?
Hi everyone! I haven’t done a wrap-up recently. In the past few months, my reading has been scarce. To be honest, my reading in January wasn’t great. I read three books. Let’s dive into it, anyway!
Books I Read in The Month of January
- Are You My Mother by Alison Bechdel ★★★/5
- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare★★/5
- Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
What Did I Do In The Month of January?
- I celebrated my one year blogiversary! I did a post about it here, and I have a giveaway for it here.
- I went to two speech competitions! I competed in Monologues and Prose. I got third for my Monologues.
- I started Driver’s Ed. I probably won’t get my license until October or November, though.
- I bought tickets for Kinky Boots in Dallas, TX.
What is in-store for February?
- I have a speech competition; the last one of the season before regionals!
- My giveaway ends!
- I’m visiting my brother at college the weekend of the 10th.
What Books (might) I be Reading in The Month of February?
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- Hear The Wolves by Victoria Scott
Hey everyone! I haven’t done one of these in a while. Welcome to my September Wrap-Up! Since getting out of my reading slump, I have read a total of five books this month. I’m hoping to read more this month; let’s get started!
Books I Read in The Month of September
- Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy by Ally Carter ★★★★/5
- Don’t Judge A Girl By Her Cover by Ally Carter ★★★★★/5
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness ★★★★★/5 [Link]
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace ★★★★★/5
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd ★★★/5
What Did I Do In The Month of September?
- I visited my best friend for Labor Day weekend.
- I met Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings at their Dallas signing on 9/10/16.
- I reached 500 Twitter followers.
- I received an ARC of Wonder Women from Quirk Books.
What is in-store for October?
- I have a Yard Sale church fundraiser on October 1st. I have to wake up at 5 a.m.; I am really not looking forward to it.
- I have my school play. We’re doing ‘The Wizard of Oz’, and I play one of the munchkins!
- I’m seeing my best friend again for her birthday.
- Halloween! I still don’t know what I’m going to be.
What Books (might) I be Reading in October?
- On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
What books did you read read during September? What is your TBR for October?